How do you think the new GigE standards will influence the machine vision industry?
Respond or ask your question now!
- New Portfolio of LED TVs. Samsung's new 8000, 7000 and 6000 Series of flat screen TVs use LEDs as their primary light source, rather than traditional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL). Featuring Samsung's signature ultra-slim design (mere 29mm), which includes a first-ever ultra-slim wall mount solution, the LED TVs possess ultrahigh contrast ratios and slim depths that allow for more artful designs. The TVs also are mercury-free and meet stringent European Eco-label 'flower' guidelines, reducing energy consumption by 40%+ versus traditional LCD TVs of similar size. All of the LED TVs feature Samsung's Crystal TV dual-injection molding that coats a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance.
- Premium Blu-Ray Players and Cinema Systems. Samsung has carried the themes of wireless connectivity and multimedia entertainment to its home theatre lineup for 2009, led by two high-end Blu-Ray players, the BD-3600 and BD-4600, the latter of which is both the world's slimmest and the world's first wall-mountable player. The lineup also includes three Blu-ray Home Cinema Systems: the HT-BD8200 Sound Bar System, the HT-BD7200 2.1-channel Home Cinema System, and the HT-BD1250 5.1-channel Blu-ray Home Cinema System. The goal for all three units is to offer powerful audio performance together with the latest in connectivity options in compact units designed with clean and sophisticated styling. To enhance audio fidelity, these three products feature an improved amplifier engine designed to minimise unwanted noise and distortion.
- New generation of digital still cameras and camcorders. From NX Series, the company's revolutionary new family of hybrid digital cameras, to 12-mega pixel premium digital camera lineups, and full HD digital camcorders are presented at Samsung European Forum. A new concept digital camera, the NX Series offers the performance and image quality of a DSLR and the portability and convenience of a compact point-and-shoot.
- Notebook PCs. Samsung has expanded its line of offerings in the growing European market for Notebook PCs, unveiling a full lineup for the European market during the first half of 2009 that includes the N310 and N120 mini- Notebooks as well as the R522 and Q320 widescreen Notebook PCs.
- Printers for Enterprise Markets. A leader in the consumer and small office/home office printer business, Samsung will take the initial steps in 2009 toward developing leadership in the mid-to-large enterprise market, anchoring its strategy on a progressive new Managed Printing Service (MPS) programme. MPS is part of a new printer infrastructure that will allow Samsung to significantly expand its service partnerships and create embedded solutions packages necessary to compete at the enterprise level.